Thursday, February 2, 2012

Rating Criteria--What I'm Looking For!

So, I thought people would be interested to know where I get my rating system from. 5 stars? What does that mean? What do they represent? I'm glad I asked! On my way back from my recent venture to the Lone Star State, I broke it down:

1 Star for Creativity/Originality
1 Star for Character development/design
1 Star for Plot development/design
1 Star for Pacing
and 1 Star for Detail

These five things represent the 5 most important factors in a book, in my opinion. Without these things, I find a book a little dry and unbelievable. So when I'm reviewing books, I'm looking carefully for these aspects in the novel.

So! Having said all that, I'm working on a review of "A Clash of Kings" the second book in the "Song of Ice and Fire" series by George R.R. Martin and it should be up within the next couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment