Friday, March 2, 2012

Update March 2nd, 2012

Hello again!

What? Two posts in one day? What sort of madness is this?

Well, I've been planning on giving a quick update, just so you know where I am, and I ran into that TED talk earlier today and thought, "I have GOT to share this; it's so true!" It just really resonated with me, so I wanted to share it for the other introverts hanging out there in this world!

So, just as an update: I'm reading "A Storm of Swords"--about halfway through on that one. I have to warn you that January, where I read 3 or 4 books, is pretty rare for me and was possible because I was taking a very low class load; my college has a January-term, a one-month semester. So I was only taking one class and I made reading a really high priority. Now the real semester has started: the semester, the semester of all semesters, the semester to RULE THEM ALL! No, but seriously, this semester involves me doing my capstone (aka, my final senior project class that determines whether or not I get to graduate with a fiction degree--aaaarhg!), so my focus has been turned to that.

Having said that, I am still finding time to read for pleasure every day. So, I'm working on "Storm of Swords." I'm expecting to be done with that in the next month or so. Depending on what my weekends are like. I'm also a third of the way through "Touchstone," Melanie Rawn's most recent novel, which I just received in the mail on Tuesday, giving me great joy and causing me to jump up and down in excitement. I am MEETING MS. RAWN (OHMYGOD!) this coming Tuesday, so I'm trying to plow through "Touchstone" before then. So, I would expect a review up of that within the next week or so.

My March is delightfully filling up with all sorts of goodies!:
1. Meeting Melanie Rawn
2. Going to a former employer's banquet to eat delicious food (for free!)
3. Going to another author's reading
4. Going to the Of Montreal concert! Woot! (You can expect a review of that--as well as their new album "Paralytic Stalks)

So, lots to look forward to here, for you and me!
Happy readings!
AJ

No comments:

Post a Comment